Anderson Window Screen

A home owner from Dodgeville Wisconsin says:
I have Anderson double-hung windows (12 years old). I need to replace the screens in several windows due to bird strikes. I also have gnat issues. I understand I need .250 spline. Can you recommend a good gnat screen?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, thanks for reaching out. You said you have the older style Andersen screens (with the metal spline). In that case I think the 59-150 should be the one you need to repair your screens. 

As for that screen cloth, You need what they call "No See Um" screen cloth. This type is used for the gnats that are actually called No-see-ums, themselves! Your local hardware store should be able to order it for you

SWISCO Foam Screen Spline
SWISCO Foam Screen Spline
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.