Anderson Window balance

A home owner from Great Falls, virginia says:
Hi --

I've got Anderson double hung windows. I took off the headpiece to expose the balance and the numbers stamped on the balance are:

D62 8 31 6 86

1600 173

Could you let me know what the replacement part number is?


- Michael
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Michael. Take a look at our 24-837 Andersen Sash Balance. This can be used to replace balance boxes stamped with "8 31."
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at