Anderson Windows Balance Parts

A home owner from Tallahassee Florida says:
I have broken balances on 20+ year old Anderson double tilt IGU windows. The channels are square and the feet are 1 1/2 inches. I cannot find exact replacements...especially the top part.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. The part you show with the 'prongs'; do you know what function it served? Is this the top attachment that you're uncertain about? Do you have an undamaged version you could show us? Otherwise your balance resembles our Series 775 Tilt Channel Balance; these however simply screw into the window at the top. Let us know about the extra part you show, and we'll see if we can work something out.

A home owner from Tallahassee Florida says:

Yes, the third picture with the prongs are the part that attach to the top of the channel and hold the balance in place.

I have added additional photos to show a complete undamaged balance. On the top of the balance is a latch that hooks into a slot inside the top of the channel. They are not terribly easy to get out or in. I have attached pictures of the balance to include what appears to be a model number. Thank you for the help.

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. I believe that our S775-34 can replace this, but we haven't been able to find that clip on top. I don't think they make that piece anymore. You will need to find a way to either screw our balance to the jamb, or perhaps reattach the original clip. Would that work for you?

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace an accessory on a channel balance
How to replace an accessory on a channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
How to install a S775 balance
How to install a S775 balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.