Anderson casement glazing bead

A quick learner from New Jersey says:
Hi team,

You sent me the 55?303 Anderson glazing bead. I need the exact same type but smaller. The 55?303 is 3/8". I need 1/4" I believe.

Matt
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello there! You show two Andersen glazing bead sizes in this photo. The one with the longer lip is for 3/8" thick glass, which would be the 55-303. Normally this glazing bead is used with the older Andersen windows with the "glass seal". 

The other glazing with the shorter lip is for the thicker 5/8" thick glass. 

To my knowledge, no 1/4" glazing was ever made. You may want to check the size of your glass just to be sure. Take a look at the newer style 55-301. This is what Andersen changed to for the 5/8" thick glass. If you really need to, you could possibly use some double stick tape to pack up the glass in the frame if that ends up being too big.

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.