Anderson sash balance

A quick learner says:
HI
I determined that the window that I want to repair the sash balance is an Anderson.
In the lower left corner is the AW in a triangle and the code xi R in a circle with breaks at 3, 6, 9, 12.
Can you tell with the replacement part is with this information?
The house was built in late 80's
Thanks
Greg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It's hard to tell what you have based on this information. The best way to determine an Andersen balance replacement is to show us the stamps printed on the balance box itself. If that is not possible, we will need the height and width of the visible glass for both the upper and lower sash, however this is not the most reliable method.
A quick learner says:
Hi
We looked at another adjacent window and came up with this code. See if this helps with finding the correct sash balance

xi/R
87/0

Thank you
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid that number does not tell us what you have. Please look over Paul's response from the 4th. The two methods he mentioned are the only ways we can determine what you need.
A quick learner says:
Hi
Since I was unable to give you a good window code, here are the measurements for the window glass only.

28 1/4 wide x 23 3/4 high.

Perhaps this may give you enough info to suggest a correct sash balance replacement.

Thanks
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you for the glass dimensions. Based on these measurements, I recommend our 24-837 Andersen sash balance.
A quick learner says:
Hi
Just so I am clear, when ordering a sash balance replacement, I would typically want to buy 2 per window.
Thank You.
Greg
Profile picture of Paul
Yes! We recommend replacing both balances at the same time. This will make sure both balances work optimally; when you have an old balance and new balance working in tandem, the new balance tends to wear out sooner than it ordinarily would since it has to make up for the old balance's slack. If one of your old balances is still operable, you can always keep it aside as an emergency backup.
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.