Anderson window casement operator 7198-17

Quick Learner from Mass
Jul 25, 2011 11:20 am
I need to replace the operator for both left & right anderson casement window. The strait arm operator looks correct. However, it has a different part number.

On the back of my operator it is stamped:
7198-17
Does this make a difference?
User submitted photo of their 7198-17 Andersen casement window operator.
3 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Jul 26, 2011 11:31 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Yes, I believe you need the 39-150 and 39-151 style operator to replace your old Andersen operator. Just check that the arm on your original operator measures the same as the 8-3/8" arm (as measured in the product photo in our catalog). I believe yours does, but your pictures is not clear enough for me to be absolute certain about it.
Contractor from Northampton Ma.01060
Jan 9, 2023 12:39 pm
I purchased new (39-150 and 39-150) arms that only open the window half way and then fall out of the channel on the window. There is an open spot on the channel of the window that allows the arm to become disengaged from the channel. The new openers are exact as the old ones except the part that engages in the channel of the windows.
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Jan 10, 2023 3:12 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble. It sounds like you might have an issue with the original track in the window. Would it be possible to see a photo of the old track, as well as one of the old operator? 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts