Andersone casement crank assembly

A home owner from Massachusetts says:
Hello, I need to replace the worn down hand crank, and the cover that goes over the crank assembly. I don't think I need the entire assembly, and I believe the spindle itself is still OK, it just the crank is worn down.
Any help much appreciated.
The number on the hand crank looks like: 9456-2C, with a #4 on the opposite side.
The numbers on the cover place looks like:
1351443 WH
1351444 ST
patent no DES 360,357
tks
Paul
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Anderson 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named anderson 2.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Paul.

Thank you for your patience during this busy season. We'd be happy to help but we'd like to see a photo of your operator with the window open so that the arms that move the sash are fully visible. Once we can identify the operator, we can determine which handles are compatible with your assembly.

Thank you! 

OK, here are 2 more photos, I hope this helps.
tks
Paul
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7554.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7555.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks for the additional pictures, Paul! This is a huge help. It looks like you might have our 39-264 Andersen split arm crank, which uses the 39-152 cover and 39-286 handle. Compare our dimensions to yours and see if these match what you need. 

Hi,
the crank you show looks much smaller than the one I have.
The depth I have is 2 7/8", not the 1 3/4" that you showed me.
However, the current crank arm I have IS too big, it has been scratching the wood frame, so I think someone put in the wrong size.
thoughts?
tks
paul
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Anderson crank.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Is your spline 3/8"? If so, the 39-286 should be fine. 

yes, it is 3/8" I believe.
Thank you so much!
Paul
any problems I'll f/up
Profile picture of Emily

No problem, Paul! We'll be here if you have any questions. 

A home owner from Nebraska says:

I have the same system as this person except I want to see if I can use a T Handle or fold down handle instead as the current crank handle is causing issues with blinds. If so, which models are compatible?

Is there a T handle or fold down handle model that is compatible with the window?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named ANDERSEN OPERATOR LINK ARM
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named ANDERSEN OPERATOR COVER AND HANDLE
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named ANDERSEN OPERATOR BASE
Profile picture of Emily

We have the 39-298 Andersen T-handle as well as the 39-459 folding hardware kit. Unfortunately, we can't promise they will fix your issues with the blinds. In our experience, folding operator handles also tend to get in the way of most blind treatments. The solution ends up being installing the blinds further out so that they don't get in the way of the operators. In other words, the blinds have to make way for the window, not the other way around.

A home owner from Nebraska says:
Thank you!
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.