Another AFC roller dilemma

A handy person from Tennessee says:

I am the proud owner of a house built by the owner of a lumbermill who LOVED pocket doors! Unfortunately? They are breaking! This is the same AFC marking and same roller you have twice on your page. 

So specific, I simply stole an image from a previous post and added two of my own. I understand the AFC wheel or wheel isn't manufactured anymore. Paul there suggested 23-049 hardware to one customer. Another expert there suggested replacing the track. My problem? The inside of these rooms are all custom wood! Cherry in one, walnut in the other. Replacing the original track is out. 

Picture #2 shows me with a Johnson Universal 7/8 wheel double roller. Nope. About 1/4 inch too large! Even with the trim off, it won't clear the header. That bracket is exactly 30mm from the front of the bracket to the adjusting nut of the roller. 

My question is about the 23-049. Is that measurement including the nut? The original is the third pic sans wheel. You see the track in pic #2 is EXACTLY 1 inch. Tilting might work with 1 1/8...if that measurement includes the adjusting nut in back. If it is just the measurement of the bracket? I will likely be out of luck there. If that bracket is too large, I'll likely go the route of buying your 7/8 wheels and try drilling out the original bracket. 

Thanks for any advice on the subject of this wonderful homeowner problem!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200316_232622.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200316_233043.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 105264.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. Indeed, as you've gathered, this pocket door hardware can be quite pesky to replace. The width of our 23-049, including the rivet in the back, is about 1-9/16". I fear this may be a little thicker. 

Again, as you've already observed, pocket door hardware isn't that popular anymore, and most pocket door styles are discontinued and no longer available. Needless to say, your options are limited. I'm going to forward this discussion to one of my senior colleagues, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can with more information. I can't promise anything, but we will do our best. Many thanks. 

A quick learner from Orlando says:
I'm having the same issue, did you ever find a replacement roller?
A quick learner from Gainesville, GA says:
I have the same problem as the post above trying to replace these old rollers on a pocket door. Does ANYONE have any suggestions! I am desperate!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0388.jpeg
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.