Another unit in my building

A quick learner from Fort Lauderdale says:
Loose Window weights about 40lbs. Impact window.
This looks like the 377, but no little fins on the bottom shoe.
Not sure if that's important.
Looking for 10 on these.
Let me know what you think. 30" length, so thinking the 2960?

Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DD408A7C-8A43-4B5D-9957-42B08EC873A5.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CA381C76-12DC-41C4-B8D9-04B0B149F944.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 10380C7F-4BCC-45AA-AFB9-B3B50063D3DB.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 04C648A5-C261-4C7A-8F23-C5174A7E6F8A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2C26F199-7794-4EB5-8DAA-C4D071200F9A.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! This balance is similar to our Series 377, but the top fitting is actually our 19-041. It may look the same at first glance but there are some important differences that render them incompatible.

This, in addition to the bottom fitting lacking any wings, means your balance will have to be custom made. Before we go any further, I just had a few questions I'd like you to clear up.

First, can you confirm the depth of the bottom fitting? It should be either 1-1/8" like our 15-001 or 1" like our 15-002. Can you also confirm the weight of the sash? Your stamp is 2940, which indicates support for sashes weighing only 23 through 28 pounds. That's way, way lighter than the 40 pound estimate that you gave me, so I think it would be wise for us to clear that up beyond any shadow of a doubt before we move forward. Please give me the exact weight, down to the ounce.

Once we have that information, I'll email you a purchase link and price quote that will allow you to add 10 balances made to this configuration to your cart.

Tom,
Working on the answer to that.

Would you guys happen to stock these caps that go on the bottom of the window channel?

I believe their purpose is to keep the window straight, once the guides are replaced.

I am going to order 26 more of the slides I originally purchased about a week ago. The 10 you sent me are fantastic!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 255170B6-EA97-4EED-A0AC-6E4B2822B46C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9BF612CD-11DD-4F8D-9E0F-400C7EB56EDA.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5603342B-7A25-425D-B9CC-2A949083A8A6.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Awesome, thank you! I await any data you can get me.

I unfortunately do not recognize that cap. Would it be possible to see a picture of where it installs? That may give me a better idea of what it is and what its function is.

We are going to go with 10 of the new slides, the depth of the base is 1". The window is close to 40lbs, so the 2960's would be perfect.

I would like 26 of the 377 customs that I previously ordered ten of.

Let me know if any questions.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DA501600-20CA-44B3-B544-71781A04358B.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! If your sash weight is 40 pounds then 2960 actually won't be sufficient, either, since that only holds 35 pounds maximum. You will instead need the 2970 option. That carries 39 through 42 pounds. Note that if your sash weight falls at all outside of that range then this will not work. We always recommend getting an EXACT sash weight, down to the ounce. These are delicate systems and you really don't want to estimate. As you can see, you only have a few pounds to work with. Don't guess. It's worth it to save yourself a headache later, trust me.

That aside, I'll email you a custom order link now for 26 balances made to this configuration.

That bottom cap is unfortunately not something that we can supply. This looks like it was part of the sash frame, which means the original manufacturer of the window may be your best bet to get a replacement. Just keep in mind that they may not sell this little piece by itself, just the complete sash.

Tom,
They are 36 lbs.
Hopefully both orders can be shipped together.
This order is for 10 slides.

Was I eligible for any discount with 26+10 slides?

Thanks
Profile picture of Tom

Great, thanks for confirming. That would be 2965, which carries 35 through 39 pounds.

I guess I'm a little confused as to how many balances you wanted. You said before that you wanted 26, but now you're saying you only want 10. Can you confirm?

Tom,

I wanted 26 in a repeat order of my last custom order about a week or two ago. That appears to be ready to go in my cart.

The 10 additional are for a Friend in a different condo with slightly different slides and slightly different windows. He has a different bottom fitting then what I've ordered for my additional 26 slide job.

Profile picture of Tom

Okay, so just to confirm, you want to place an order for the following:

• 30" long 2960 stamp balance with a 19-041 top and 15-005 bottom, quantity 10
  • 30" long 2965 stamp balance with a 19-041 top and 15-005 bottom, quantity 26

Assuming that this is correct, I will email you two purchase links for these balances right now. Note that a bulk quantity discount only applies if the balances are identical, so they won't be lumped together.

If you wanted to make any changes, just let me know and I would be happy to do so.

Tom,

The order for 10 is supposed to be the 15-002 base.

Otherwise, looks good.
Also Tom,

If you have a 2965, we would take both orders in that spring, if you thinks ok for a 36 lbs window?

The 2960's you sent are great, but still a little heavy to lift.
Profile picture of Tom

Oh, I'm sorry about that. I must have had my wires crossed for that shoe.

If the 2960s are still a little heavy then 2965 should be perfect. So I'll email you a new link for 36 of those.

Once again I'm happy to make any changes you need.

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.