81-087 Will Not Work For Me

A home owner from Indianapolis says:
I ordered Product Code: 81-087 based on some customer questions & feedback, however, I don't think these are going to work. The wheels don't retract enough to provide the clearance me door requires. Do you have any ideas. Sorry no measurements, I may need to disassemble again to provide this detail.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1016.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1015.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1014.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Your roller looks like a dead ringer for our 81-087. You said that the wheels didn't retract far enough, which sounds like an issue with size. I know you said no measurements, but we won't be able to move forward without them. We need to know exactly how yours differs in size in order to find a better match. You can see our 81-087 dimensions below for a reference of what's most important.

Alternate image for 81-087
Alternate image for 81-087
A home owner from Indianapolis says:
The body does seem to be identical, it's the wheel diameter that's my problem. Mine appear to be 1 1/4 or smaller. Perhaps replacing the wheels?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1157.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1156.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1155.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1154.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1153.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks! That makes sense, based on the issue you describe. The bad news is that I couldn't find a version of the 81-087 with just a 1-1/4" diameter wheel. Normally you can adjust the wheels to make up the difference, but in your case the size difference is likely too much. 1-1/2" vs 1-1/4" is really pushing it so I'm not surprised to hear it didn't work.

Since there is no 1-1/4" version of this product, the only solution I can offer is to drill out the wheels in the new roller and replace them with our 81-266 wheel and axle kit. This comes with 1-1/4" wheels so they should work perfectly fine, it's just a matter of installing them in the assembly.

I am sorry that I can't offer an easier solution.

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.