Arched Casement windows

A handy person from Santa Barbara says:
I have 2 old arched casement wood windows that are an odd size and no manufacturer will copy. I think I could use an awning scissor-type mechanism and crank to pull them in tight without having to open the screen to pull them in manually from the middle instead of from the bottom. Do you think this would work, and what system do you suggest? Thank you.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us! If you're talking casement windows, I recommend that you take a look at our 39-020 & 39-021 wood window cranks. They are fairly uncomplicated and I think they may work on your windows. Take a look and see what you think.

Keep in mind you will also need a track to go along with these cranks; see our 39-520, which works with the 39-020 & 39-021. You may also want to look at the installation instructions we have for these two operators. Take note that you will have to install the operator on the sill, under the wood sill cover. You might have to make a cut and notch the one you have. You may also have to cut down the screen in the height if you replace the sill cover with a higher one. It might be best to have a carpenter help you with the installation.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a wood casement window crank
How to install a wood casement window crank
GUIDE
READ >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.