Are self-locking corner keys suitable replacements for stamped keys?

A home owner from Maryland says:
I have many window screens with broken tilt keys. The keys were all stamped into place. From other comments it sounds like I could replace the old keys (similar to 95-008 ) with the self-locking type ( 95-006 ).
Are the self-locking tilt keys compatible with most frames, so long as the tilt key dimensions match?
Is there anything special I need to know about installing the self-locking tilt keys?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Yes, you can use the self locking corner keys in place of the stamped corners as long as the dimensions of the legs match, height and thickness measurements as well. The lengths are not critical. Substituting the 95-006 for  the 95-008 should work. 

I hope this has answered your question. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at