Are your 87-173 and 87-196 interchangeable?

A quick learner from Walnut creek says:
Need a replacement for model 87-173. Would the model 87-196 fit? Thanks. John
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting! Upon closer examination, we do believe that you can use the 87-196 to replace the 87-173. As you can see in the following image, you will have to use the center hole in the 87-196 when installing it.
A SWISCO example of hole spacing.
A handy person says:
Any advantage to use 87-196 with a brass roller to 87-173 that use a nylon roller other than price?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Well, the brass rollers may be a bit stronger, but if they're used near water, where corrosion is a problem, then nylon would be the better choice.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)