38-089 Arm length

A quick learner from Massachusetts says:
The screw holes on this are the right distance apart to replace the existing piece I have, but the other 5 in segmetn shown here is only 4.5 inches on my existing piece of hardware. Will that be a problem on my window, or just allow my window to open a little farther?

I'd add photos as well, but my browser is causing issues there. Thanks in advance for the help!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This is something we do see every now and then. We don't have an operator in your size, unfortunately, but the 39-089 should still work. I recommend trying it out as-is to see if it opens your window normally.

If you run into any issues, then the best solution would be to adjust the position of the bracket on the sash to make up for the difference. I've done this myself in the past and find that it works well. It will require drilling new holes, though.

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.