Assistance in finding Channel Balance

A handy person from San Diego says:
Photos enclosed; ends look different than your examples and length of metal channel is odd.

Early 1970's construction.

Non-tilt, 1/2"(9/16")channel

920 stamped/punched into frame, nothing else.

Top plastic piece has a small "tit" that goes into metal piece in window frame. your 700 series top end has a "tit" but bottom is completely different.

No take out clip in frame - see image for holes in my frame.

Metal part of channel = 29 5/8", Total length with plastic ends including "tit" = 31" of which 1/8" is the "tit".

Weight of window is 12 lbs without channels.

Plastic top piece= 1 1/8" long beyond end of metal (includes 'tit"), 9/16" wide, 11/16" deep front to back.

Plastic bottom piece 1/4" long beyond end of metal, 9/16" wide, 15/16" deep front to back.

Brian
A customer submitted photo of channel balance attachments.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Before I can confirm what Series channel balance you have, I'll have to figure out what bottom shoe you have. Please look at the measurements for our 15-001 and 15-002 bottom shoes and note their depths. As you can see, they are 1-1/8" deep and 1" deep, respectively. Which measurement more closely resembles your own shoe?

Also, can you confirm the length of your metal channel? Our channels usually end on the inch. Has yours been cut down at all?
A quick learner from San Diego says:
Paul, I reconfirmed both measurements. The metal part is indeed 29 5/8". And the bottom shoe is 15/16" deep. I could sand off a sixteenth.

Still wondering about my lack of "take out clips". Regarding the two smaller pictures of mine that you posted. The bottom picture is of the uppermost part of the frame and has a bent out piece that seems to serve as a "stop" for the window. The other picture has two square holes that are halfway down the frame. When the window is down all the way one hole shows and the other is covered by the window. One of these holes has to be for the "clip". There are no other holes in the frame. Early 1970's California vintage; have you seen any like this before?
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you for your patience in this matter. First, let me address the take-out-clip issue.

This type of balance would not need a take-out-clip. In fact, it's built into the window. Please see the lower-right-hand picture in your original post. That fold sticking up out of the window jamb serves the same purpose as a take-out-clip would. The square holes in the upper-right-hand picture are simply where the balance's hook locks in.

Now, as for the balance itself--typically, our balance channel lengths end on the inch, not the 5/8". Therefore, yours may have to be custom made. Before we get started with that, though, I just need you to confirm that your window sash weight is 12 pounds.
A quick learner says:
I reconfirmed the weight and it is 12 Lbs.
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you. To begin, please take a look at this Custom Channel Balance Order Form that I have started for you and fill out the rest of the information. One of our representatives will contact you shortly thereafter.
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace an accessory on a channel balance
How to replace an accessory on a channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.