Assistance with finding and replacing the top sash lock

A landlord from New Jersey says:

Hi there,

I am working on a window in a property I recently purchased. I'm not able to identify the window manufacturer so I was hoping you could help with the following issues:

1. The top sash lock (name?) is broken but I am not able to source the right part to replace it. I couldn't even remove the existing sash lock as it appear to be embedded within the window. Not sure if I need to do something different
  2. The window has a broken rubber stopper where the top part of the channel balance rests. Do you know what those pieces are called and if you sell replacements? The channel balance is a 2630.

If you can help me identify this window and/or sash lock part, I'd appreciate it very much.

Best,

Azam

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 450176AF-B2B2-46CE-8836-45B9D6A14705_1_105_c.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 96781F25-5B1C-40EF-B7C5-E4909645FE53_1_105_c.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5A682A0B-434E-4E51-92E5-B923A03E02D4_1_105_c.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us, Azam. It looks like you have the old discontinued Silverline Swinger window. While this window isn't made anymore, we still carry hardware for it.

The black nylon piece you show in the first photo is a piece broken off of the 18-027 tilt latch. This serves the double purpose of holding the balance down, like a top sash guide. You need to raise the sash if you can, or try to lower the balance back under the tilt latch. 

Once the sash and balance are aligned, you can try to raise the sash up to the 16-009 take out clip to disengage the balance. Then pull back the tilt lath and swing the sash towards you. That will allow you to replace the hardware more easily.

If you need to replace the balances as well as the tilt latch, let me know. These have to be custom made and they take a bit of explaining, so if you need them I'll go over the information necessary to proceed.

Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.