Astragal Weatherstripping

A home owner from Modesto, CA says:
Looking for replacement weatherstripping, either same as original or aftermarket item if it improves on the original. Channel on the astragal is .45cm wide that the "foot" goes into. Original metal doors were manufactured by Stanley, house build in 1989. Original weatherstripping is rubber material. Open to suggestions.

Thankyou,
Sandra
User submitted image of their weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Sandra. The closest I could find to your measurements is our 58-135. Could you use this?
A handy person from Modesto, CA says:
Hi Tom - yes it looks like this part should work and I'd like to order it. Is there a trick to installing these? I've tried to reinstall the one I'm replacing which is too short and is allowing cold air in. I was having great difficulty trying to insert the foot into the channel on the astragal. Will the new one having installation instructions?
A handy person from Modesto, CA says:
I just remeasured the channel opening width on the astragal and it is exactly 3/16" wide which is exactly the same width as the foot on part 58-135. Do you think this is OK? The width of the existing weatherstripping foot is 9/32", wider than the channel which is probably why it is so hard to install. Just want to be sure the new part will stay in place with the foot being the exact same width as the channel.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
We do carry the 58-134 bubble, which has a 9/32 wide base. Would this be a better choice? These type of bubble need to be slid in from the end of the channel. See the video below; it's about wool pile, but the principle is the same.
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.