Availability of S370-35

A quick learner from VA says:
I need to replace the balances on my windows, the stamp is 3410. Seems like the 3410's haven't been available for a while at Swisco. Is there a way I could order the spring mechanism itself and put it in the channels I already have?

thanks in advance
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That won't be possible, no. No company I know of sells these springs separately, and for good reason. These have to be tensioned to a specific weight class before being installed with special tools at the factory. Any attempt to remove those springs, or mess with them in any way, risks having a steel spring under 30 pounds of pressure snap back at you.

It's not worth pursuing, and no company will sell you a spring anyway. You will need to replace the whole balance.

A quick learner from VA says:
Understood, thanks for clarifying!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)