Awning Crank Replacement

A home owner from North Carolina says:

I am looking for an awning window crank replacement and I will get close with a part but one of the dimensions will not be exactly right. 

It is a white RH awning crank with 2 screws at the top, 2 at the bottom with 5 1/4 inches between, top screws have 1/2 in. spacing between center of screw to center of screw, bottom screws have 7/8 spacing from center of screw to center of screw, the bar is 2 1/4 in. in length from center of pin to center of hole, and the bottom of the bar has a 3/8 in. hole. 

inside the crank housing is the number 1, the letters JBL and RB, and the crank arm has the letters AM on it. Pictures attached. Please help me find a replacement crank. 

Thanks so much for your help.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Awning Crank 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Awning crank 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Awning Crank 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named awning crank 4.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Awning Crank 6.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Thank you so much for the great pictures and thorough dimensions. I can't begin to explain how helpful it is to have this data up front.

Thanks to your information, I was able to narrow down the list of possible replacement operators down to two products: our 39-419 and 39-074. Between the two of them, I think the 39-419 is the better contender. All the important dimensions match exactly as described. The 39-074 is also close, but the bottom holes are 13/16" apart instead of 7/8". I thought I'd mention it anyway just in case.

You'll note I said "important" dimensions. There's one measurement that differs for both products: the link arm size. Fortunately, the linkage for this kind of window offers a lot of wiggle room, so you can get away with that kind of a difference. 

Look these two products over and let me know what you think.

A home owner from North Carolina says:
Tom:
While waiting on your reply I had come up with 4 and started checking them off with irregularities in dimensions and ended with it coming down to the same two as you. I also felt the 39-419 was the best choice out of all. Thanks for confirming I was on the right track. I'll be ordering that asap. You guys are great! Thanks again for the help.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you so much. We look forward to hearing from you again on how these worked out for you. 

How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.