Awning Lock strike plate Replacement options

A from Portland, OR says:

Good afternoon,

We are working on rehabilitation of historic awing windows at a highs chool in Portland, and there are a number of location where the lock is missing or damaged; and even more where the strike plate is missing or damaged.

The 38-070 hopper lock appears to be a match to the existing shape of the handle, but I am not seeing an associated strike plate. Can you please point me to the appropriate product for our specifications?

Also, does the lock come in alternate finishes, or just the brushed/satin?

Thank you,

Caitlin

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Awning Lock.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us, Caitlin. I'm afraid that I couldn't find a good match for that keeper. If this window is as old as you say then there's a good chance you won't find anything exactly like it on the market. I'll forward this to my senior colleagues who may be familiar with this. They may have an idea.

As for the 38-070, we don't have any alternate finishes at this time but I'll look into the option for you. Please give me a little time to confirm. While I do that, can you confirm that the dimensions we show for this lock handle are identical to your own measurements?

A professional from Portland, OR says:
To be honest, we didn't measure the handle (and don't have ready access to be able to do so), but it appears to be very close to the same dimensions.

Please let me know if you come up with anything more on the strike plate.

Thank you,
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, I looked into this too and I also had a little trouble finding the strike plate. That said I think our 38-108 is pretty close to what you have here. It's obviously not exact but it's worth considering. You may be able to find a way to adapt the sill to take this different style.

You definitely want to make sure the dimensions of your locking handle match. There are a ton of these and they all differ slightly. Especially since your window is so old you don't want to take any chances. The 38-070 isn't available in other colors but our 38-064 and 38-065 are. They're pretty close in terms of style, but again you really want to compare dimensions to be sure. Let us know!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.