Awning Operator Issues

A home owner from Miami Beach Fl. says:

awning window operator of your video, I have a major problem removing the screw on the attenuator it is 50 years old

it was almost impossible removing the three screws of the inside window, My wife stripped the handle mechanism and needs to be replaced.

I used wd 40 on the three screws attached to the left side of the windows. this is the three pane or tier windows from many years ago since the building is 50 years old.

There is a mechanism on the right corner and this is the left corner of the windows. So its two windows and has two separate screens.

I tried everything with the wd 40 and phillips screw driver, the only way to close the windows is opening the right windows and putting my hand through to the left and pushing it closed. I have some photos.

I do not want to strip the phillips whole on the screw but the screw wont budge. When i turn it left the attenuator i think its called from the mechanism moves left and if i turn it right it wants to turn right.

I had a similar issue in the bedroom and I am near an Ace hardware and they gave me the Barton Kramer mechanism for the wrong window and I called Barton Kramer in Miami Fl and they sent me the correct one and I replaced that one last year but this one is impossible. I am a disabled 73 year old male and having a hard time removing it and trying to get a replacement unit. Thanks in advance

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named TimePhoto_20190831_193321.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named TimePhoto_20190831_193327.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named TimePhoto_20190831_193344.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named TimePhoto_20190831_193547.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named TimePhoto_20190831_204700.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. Unfortunately, there's no trick to removing that screw beyond what you've already tried. If it's corroded or stuck on there, soaking it in WD-40 overnight is your only option. I'm sorry that we can't offer an easier solution.

A home owner from Miami Beach Fl. says:
Thanks for your reply however the information from Google was helpful about a rust remover and a cigarette lighter to hear it and finally got a name of a handyman who came and used a locking pliar and was able to remove and replace the screws and unit and spray with silicone spray,$40 and left me the half used can.
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.