Awning crank attachment

A quick learner from Sarasota, Florida says:
After many tries I found the only window crank that fits exactly over the holes on the frame from the old crank. It is a Stanley operator, BUT as you see on the photos the bracket is slightly separated from the window part, and the worst thing is that there nowhere to screw the shoulder screw. There are just 2 smooth holes, no thread... Please help, I have 4 window to fix!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B89A39B4-A666-40DA-8658-A90D474F58ED.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FC285A60-0B0B-402F-A80E-BC40415B979B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7981F10A-92A0-4397-8240-03A8C088E597.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. It seems like you need a screw to make the thread with this link arm. For our Stanley Operators, the fastener used is typically the #10 x 1/2" Pan Head Phillips Screw, but I don't believe this is a self-tapping screw, which is what you're going to need. In that case I'd see if a hardware store can supply this a self-tapping version of this screw for you. Let me know if you have further questions. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.