Awning window RH crank

A home owner from Illinois says:
Hello customer service,
I have an awning window crank that I need to replace.

It matches all the dimensions of 39-074 Lenahan Window Crank except for the link.
The center to center dimension is 1-3/4" versus the 2-11/16" shown.

I could not find a match. Do you have a crank that would have a shorter dimension?

Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9817.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for your patience during this busy summer season. We unfortunately don't have a version of the 39-074 in this size. Typically, the linkage in this sort of window has a fair measure of play, so you can get away with a difference in link arm size between the old and new operators. However, your difference is almost a full inch, which is definitely pushing it.

As it stands, I cannot be sure that our operator will work for you, but we don't have anything closer, either. This style of operator is just not as popular as it used to be. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. 

A home owner from Illinois says:
Thanks for reviewing.

Would you think there would be an issue if I drilled a new hole and cut off the excess?

Thank you
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sure, if you're handy and have the tools then I see no reason why that wouldn't work. I've never personally tried it myself, but the main function of that link arm is to just connect the operator gearing to the linkage in the window. As long as it can do that then you should be okay.

How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.