Awning window adjustment

A quick learner from Jacksonville Florida says:
I have several aluminum 4 window pane tall awning windows (circa 1958-ish) which I am having trouble adjusting to fully close. After cleaning the side slides and the bottom rotating rod, the upper 3 panes close tightly, however, the bottom pane remains open approximately 1/4" after the operator is fully closed. I've noticed the hinge covers on the inside of the frames may have something to do with the adjustment but haven't quite figured it out. Any information would be helpful.
Thank you,
David
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. I'm not entirely sure what you're speaking of without seeing pictures, but it sounds like those "hinge" covers on the inside might be the key. See if you can loosen them up and move the cover upward to see if that cures the problem. Also, those covers might need to be removed completely so to access some type of adjustment on the sides of the window. Take note in some windows which had been forced open at the bottom might have "bent" linkage and will need to straightened out or replaced if still available.

How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.