Awning window hardware replacement

A handy person from Rochester, NY says:
Hello, I have 3 broken handles that need replacement. I found this product of yours, but I'm not sure if it will fit. https://www.swisco.com/Window-Lever-Operator/pd/Awning-Window-Replacement-Operators/39-069

The bracket on our window that holds the arms measures 3 inches across. The measurement across from the end of one arm to the other is about 19 inches, however it looks like there could be room under the window trim for the 20.5" new product. The total opening of the awning window is 15.5 inches.

Thanks, Alex
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20221123_162141992.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20221123_162017020.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20221123_162107619.MP.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. I agree that our 39-069 is our best option, but I'm also a little concerned about how much space is available. I also note that the design of the base on your operator is a little different. Even ignoring size, the shape seems to have a different angle to it.

I think the 39-069 can still work, but I expect that you won't be able to get away without having to make alterations to the sill trim. That would involve routing out space for the new arm size and base shape, or even getting an all new trim and cutting it to accommodate this style.

A handy person from Rochester, NY says:
Good eye, thanks for reviewing it Tom! I think I'll start by ordering one and see how it goes. But I'm glad to know to expect to redo the trim. Thanks again! Alex
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sure thing, Alex, happy to help! Let me know if you needed anything else.

How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.