Awning window operator with c-clip

A quick learner from Toms River NJ says:
Good Morning,
My window Operator
Thank you,
Bob
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Hi Bob,
You will want to use SWISCO product code 39-025, Awning Window Crank.
Take a look and let us know if you have any questions.
Dimensions for 39-025
Dimensions for 39-025
A quick learner from Toms River says:
Thank you Donna.
Can you recommend a good lubricant for the window linkages?
Thank you,
Bob
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Sure! I would consider a silicone spray. We like this over oil because it doesn't attract dirt or debris.
A quick learner from Toms River NJ says:
Hi Donna,
I received the 39-025 today.
All dimensions are the same except the length of the linkage that attaches to the window. My old one is 2.5" center of hole to center of hole.
The 39-025 is 2.25" Center of hole to center of hole.
I attached it and the window will not close all the way.
Can you recommend another.
Thank you,
Bob
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
That's a little odd. A difference between a 2-1/2" long link arm and 2-1/4" link arm is usually fine. These work with a lot of play and I've replaced operators with the same sizes we're dealing with here and never had a problem. I would check to see if the window closes all the way even without the link arm installed, there may be something hanging it up in the track.
A handy person from Cliffwood NJ says:
I have the same problem as Toms River. The link arm on the original is 2.5" and I purchased the 39-025 with the linkage arm at 2.25". Everything lines up fine the window opens fine but does not close all the way. With the link arm off the window will close fine.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure why window isn't closing. If the link arm is shorter, it shouldn't prevent the window from closing; if anything, the shorter arm would prevent the window from opening further. If you haven't, check out the related video, maybe that can help. I'll post it below. Also, seeing some photos may also help.
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.