BALANCE ASSEMBLY ON DOUBLE HUNG WINDOW

A handy person from NANUET, N.Y. says:
Hi,
I NEED THE BALANCE FOR THE LEFT AND RIGHT SIDE OF A SMALL SIMONTON DOUBLE HUNG BATHROOM WINDOW.
THE WINDOW MEASURES 20 HIGH X 24 IN WIDE.
THE WINDOW IS TILT-IN FOR CLEANING, AND WEIGHS A LITTLE OVER 10 POUNDS.
I HAVE ATTACHED A PHOTO AND WINDOW SPECS FROM THE SASH.
THERE WERE NO NUMBERS ON THE BROKEN SPRINGS.
THANKS, TOM
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F80F1D4D-307D-4F33-8A7A-FD748EF05EEA.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

Take a look at our 15-192 pivot shoe which is used with the Series 170 and Series 171 coil springs. Look over our dimensions and compare them to your current hardware to see how they match up. 

detail of 15-192
detail of 15-192
The measurements match up with my current pivot shoe. Looks like the Series 170 should work but what balance number will I need to order the correct coil? The window weighs about 10 lbs., there is no number stamped on the old coil.
Profile picture of Emily

If there are no numbers or stamps on your coil, you'll need to weigh your sash and divide the precise weight by the number of coils on both sides of the window to choose the appropriate weight option. 

Let me know if that helps. 

So if the sash weighs 10 pounds, I would need two 335 coils (1 per side)? Each 335 coil will support 5 lbs.
Am I figuring this correctly?
Thanks for your help!
Profile picture of Emily

Yes, that's correct! 

SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.