A quick learner from Delaware says:
Locking mechanism ? Plastic bar holders crystallized
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bath Window 6.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bath Window 7..JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bath Window 8.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bath Window 9.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi there! Looks like you need a new tie bar and tie bar guide. The guide is easy, so we'll start there: I recommend our 39-448. The style is slightly different than yours but it should still work. The video below should also be helpful.

I'm less certain about the tie bar itself. Please give me a little more time to look into it and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Thank you. The replacement guides solution seems to work. However, one of the guides falls in between the plastic locking nibs on the tie bar guide. From the video, it looks like I can slip it over the bar. See photo 1 (left to right).

Alan
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I think I get what you're saying, Alan. You can snap the tie bar guide onto the tie bar anywhere on the bar. It doesn't necessarily have to come in from the top. Refer to the image below to see what I mean.

How to install a tie bar guide.
Tom,

Thanks again. Your site and videos are outstanding! The nylon lugs on the locking bar seem ok. I'm going to order the guides and go from there.

Alan
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for the compliments, Alan. Once you receive your replacements, make sure to get back in touch with us and let us know how everything works out.

SWISCO 39-417 Tie Bar Guide
SWISCO 39-417 Tie Bar Guide
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing tie bar guides
Replacing tie bar guides
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.