BIFOLD DOORS NYLON CAPS FOR GUIDE RODS

Quick Learner from CNTRL CALIFORNIA
Apr 4, 2019 1:27 pm
LOOKING FOR NYLON CAPS FOR THE TOP AND BOTTOM LEAD ENDS OF STEEL BIFOLD DOORS. THESE DOORS WERE PROBABLY INSTALLED IN 1974. THE HINGED SIDE OF THE DOORS SEEMS TO HAVE A LARGER SIZED PINS. I WOULD APPRECIATE HELP LOCATING NYLON (CAPS) FOR THE LEAD (CENTER MOST) DOOR PINS WHICH ARE SHOWN IN PHOTOS. THANKS.
zIMG_7492 zIMG_7496 zIMG_7497 zIMG_7488
4 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Apr 5, 2019 11:58 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for posting. I think we can help, but I'm having a hard time making out the diameter of the pin and the diameter of the top of the nylon cap from your photo. Can you tell me what those measurements are? Please be as precise as possible.

Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Apr 5, 2019 2:10 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

It's not a problem at all, I know what you mean. Now, with these dimensions in mind, I believe you have our 21-005. Look it over and see what you think.

I'm afraid the nylon caps for this particular pin aren't available separately. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Quick Learner from CNTRL CALIFORNIA
Apr 5, 2019 2:40 pm
4/5/19
Sorry about that. Tough even with parts. Keeping in mind that it is the plastic caps I need: The guide rods are 5/16ths and caps fit tight. Best guess for nylon caps is 5/16" ID X 3/8" OD with 3/8-1/2" sleeved area that runs in track.
capIMG_8105
1 user uploaded images
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts