BSI 14C channel balance

A quick learner from Maryland says:
Hi, I'm looking for a replacement for a 1/2" x 1/2" BSI 14C channel balance. The spring is at the top, and the balance is attached to the jamb with a hook, and to the shoe by a cord. The balance doesn't move and isn't attached to the sash. Thanks for your help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F6D6AB1B-B5A4-41AE-9AAD-54A497A91058.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C619CAF8-C050-4F81-A8F6-23B2A58F4AD7.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8720C97A-8D9B-49F6-BF48-08053A1531D9.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CE3783F7-2F21-4202-A83F-4272DAC968FD.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EFEF0377-0F48-48C2-A8C5-CA85437CD157.jpeg
Correction: the width is closer to 9/16", and the depth is a generous 1/2"
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

Thank you for reaching out to us. This balance looks familiar but I'm afraid I can't identify it just yet. Can you show us a photo of how this balance connects to the pivot shoe? If you needed the pivot shoe as well, we will need to see it removed from the window. 

Thank you for the quick reply! Of the parts I've seen on your website, it looks most like the S770 to me. The attachment at the top is different, but hopefully there's a workaround for that. If the pivot shoes are available, I will plan to replace them too, though the old ones are still working.
Here are the requested photos, as well as a close up of the clips that attach the balance to the jamb, and the cord to the pivot shoe.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 576FF1C7-3B83-4B7D-AFC2-C7F1F43F73CA.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 850BEF94-C229-4D32-93B5-2321BD7E2061.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CA91BDD7-9CF8-48A3-B0EE-18E6B7AF79AA.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6052F9B1-E869-4ACB-8F4E-B60F0FAC0B5E.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks for getting back to me! I recognize what you have here. It's not a stock configuration that we sell but we'd be happy to provide it for you via custom order. To sum it up for you, we'll take the S770-14 with the 14C stamp option and swap out the terminal clip for the 15-170. In addition to this, a rivet would be installed in the top hole to use an s-clip like the 19-029 (sold separately). 

What I will do now is email you a purchase link and price quote for (2) balances that you can use to place an order on our website. If you have any questions or would like to change the quantity, please let me know and I'd be happy to help.

As for the pivot shoe, my recommendation would be 15-169 but you can reuse your old one if it's in good shape. Just note, this can't be included in the purchase link I'm sending you so don't forget to add the desired quantity to your cart! 

Thanks so much for your help! I've ordered all the parts, including the pivot shoes, and will keep this info in case the other 20 year-old windows need attention at some point.
Profile picture of Emily

Awesome, thank you so much! We really appreciate the business.

Please feel free to reach out if you had any other questions and we will be happy to assist you.

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.