BSI 2740 window channel balance

A home owner from Gaithersburg MD says:
I need 2 BSI 2740 window channel balances with ends to replace my current broken ones.

Pictures attached.

Please take a look at the pictures and let me know if you have the parts.

Thanks,
Helen
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 66BACA05-2E62-4D36-A73A-605396242A57.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 38CCE4FE-0868-4220-B1B3-08DCA1A800EA.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 90804DB3-58C6-4C1E-A518-C1155F69C0E6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4AFC58B8-8E5B-480B-9273-99E2594D91F7.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Helen. It think we can replace these balances for you, but I'd like a little more information just to be able to identify a replacement. Could you show us clearer pictures of the top end attachment? It's hard to make out in the one photo you show of it. Could you also confirm that the length of the metal channel, not including the end attachments, is 28"? Many thanks. 

A home owner from Gaithersburg MD says:
I need two 2740 balances (28" long, 1/2" width, and 9/16" or 10/16" depth) with 7/8" depth bottom shoe (Maybe with the bottom fitting swapped out for the 15-029).

But the top shoe on my current balance is 1" in width for the wing, 1/2" width of the back, and 11/16" depth. The closest to match the size I can see from swisco is 19-005. But 19-005 wing is 15/16" in width. Also my current top shoe does not have the same structure (it seems flat on both top and bottom) like 19-005 has on top and bottom.
Will 19-005 still work although the size of the wing is 1/16" smaller? Will the structure difference on the top and bottom of 19-005 a problem for my window?

I can not find any other top shoe from swisco that has the size that matches my current top shoe size. The 19-031 you recommended earlier won't work because the wing is 5/8" in height and width is 7/8". My current on his the height of 7/16", width 1".

If 19-005 works for me, do I need to order a matching window sash? And what that would be? My current window sash is the the wider type on the top. The top looks like 18-124P.
I am also attaching the pictures of the top shoe here for you to take a look. 1st picture shows the top of the top shoe, 3rd picture shows the bottom of the top shoe. Hopefully I am closer to be ready to order the 2 balances.

Regards,

Helen
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named disc 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named disc 4.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Image.png.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Image-1.png.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Image-2.png.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hi Helen, thank you for your patience. I joined this conversation late, so bear with me. I actually think you might be comparing the parts too exactly. If your window sash uses the 18-124P top sash guides, you have a Rollyson window. Back when I used to replace the balances on this type of window, I used our Series 371. The series 371 uses the 19-031 top fitting and the 15-005 bottom fitting on the balance channel. For your 28" channel balance, I would recommend S371-28 with a spring option of 2740. I am confident they will work for your sash.

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.