19 6 Balance

A contractor from residential home says:
19.5 long 1/2" wide. window is a 47" tall X 27" wide. Seems the bottom foot, is to wide to remove windows.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200510_114724.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200510_114708.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 19 6 balance stamp
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200510_114501.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200510_114450.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We can definitely supply this balance, but it will have to be a custom order due to its configuration. Before we go any further, can you just tell me how many you need? Once I know that, we can email you an order link and price quote for that quantity.

two balances. Will I need the piece that was in window also. I don't have picture of that piece if needed.
Profile picture of Tom

I'm not sure what piece you may be referencing. We would have to see a picture to know what it is.

In the meantime, I will email you that order link right now.

I will try to send picture of clip at top of window glass frame.
I have sent picture of the clips in the window. Same window as needing balance. Can you send me new clips.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B.I Picture.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B.I. Window 1.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Oh, I see. That's the top sash guide. These keep the balance in place under the sash. Yours in particular resembles our 18-008H, but I recommend reviewing our dimensions and pictures to confirm.

two different windows. Both measure the same. Two holes in top section.
5/8" wide
Top hole 1/4"
Second hole 5/8"
Next hole 1 1/8"
Next hole 1 3/8"
Next hole 1 5/8"
Over all length 2 1/4"
I will need 8 each.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200514_123851.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200514_123817.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200514_123905.jpg
Another balance. 1/2" wide, 25 5/8" long,
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200514_144639.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200514_144541.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200514_144246.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

That still looks like the same top sash guide, so my recommendation from earlier still stands. 

The balance however is a different size and will require a new custom order. I'll email a second order link for two of these.

Profile picture of Tom

I don't know why, actually. It is possible that the installer used the wrong part, but that's not something I can gauge. You'd have to ask the installer themselves. It's also possible that they had a very good reason to use that size. 

If it has been working fine all these years, then I have no reason to doubt their decision, but if the window has never worked properly then it may be an issue. Like I said, though, that's not something I can determine from my position. All I can do is guess at the reasoning of whoever installed this however many years ago, which is obviously not going to be accurate.

Do you know why a balance is longer for a shorter window.
I have a home that the balances are hard to get out. I think I know why balance to short. What was in there are the 19-6 Code S755-19 that you have sent me replacement. Trying to install the new ones I found the window will not go by the lower clip. The windows are 47" tall and 27" wide. The balance will need to be at least longer than the half of window that goes up. What measurement do I need to get, to get the correct balance. Thank you,
Profile picture of Tom

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Give me the height of the visible glass for the sash these balances support. That will allow us to determine the proper size.

How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.