Balance?

A quick learner from Denver says:
Ok you guys helped me identify my tilt guide thing now I'm look for this part? I tried looking on your website but couldn't find anything that matched what I have. Unable to find any manufacturer on my window. Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We can't be sure with the hardware still installed but your pivot shoe resembles either the 15-178 or 15-188, depending on the thickness of the original shoe. 

These pivot shoes are commonly used with the S770 plain channel balance but you'll need to remove yours to confirm the strength option stamped on the metal channel and compare the balance specifications to the information shown on our product page. Also, I can't quite make out if your balance channel is plain or ribbed. Take a look and see what you think.

A quick learner from Denver says:
Thank you I wound up ordering the 178 because it meant my dimensions but the brake wasn't brown. Does that matter?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

As long as the 17/32" thickness shown below matches your original shoe, you should be good to go. 

Dimensions for 15-178
Dimensions for 15-178

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.