Balance 2830 for hinged window

A quick learner says:

Hello,

Can you send me the link for the balance of 2830 with the ends as per the photo?

Thank you

Cathy

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balance 2830 2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balance 2830.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us, Cathy. We can replace this balance, but it will have to be a custom order due to its configuration. You have a very specific, asymmetrical balance for a hinged type hung window.

When I say "asymmetrical" in this case, what I mean is that the balance on one side of the window is different than the balance you're showing in your photos. The balance in your photos specifically has our 19-008 top and 15-025 bottom nylon fitting. The other balance will have out 19-008 top and NO bottom fitting at all.

In addition to that, the balance on the other side will have a different stamp printed on the metal channel. I suspect it's 2840, but I'd like you to confirm.

Please review this information and let me know if it sounds good to you. If so, please tell me how many of each balance you need and I can email you an order link and price quote for each one.

A quick learner says:

Hi, The only numbers on the metal is 2830. Also, it measures just the metal part measures 28 inches. Please attach the nylons to metal using the screws as in photo c. Since they are custom made, I will order 1 for a test before I order a set of 12.

Thank you

Cathy

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2830 b.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2830 c.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2830 a.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Hey, Cathy. Can you confirm that stamp? I'm looking at your picture and it says 2730, not 2830.

You're also still showing us photos of the balance that has the 15-025 shoe. The other balance in the window won't have this shoe and will have a different stamp. Can you tell me what that stamp reads? 

A quick learner says:
I am sorry, yes it is 2730
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! Were you also able to get the stamp on the balance that doesn't have its shoe? They should be different. If they're not different, please tell me.

A quick learner says:
they are not different. it is 2730 with the shoes from the item picture 15-025 and 19-008
A landlord from NJ says:
No there was no stamp. Thank you
Profile picture of Tom

Okay, so what I'll do now is send you an order link and price quote for a 28" long balance with a 19-008 top, 15-025 bottom, and a 2730 stamp. However, if you wanted to order balances for the other side of the window, it's important that you understand that it won't be the same. The other balance will have no shoe and a different stamp. We would need to square that information away before we could proceed.

A landlord says:
this is the 3rd time I am answering to this thread. They are not different, it is the shoes that is on this thread. Please send me link so I can order
A landlord says:
Please send the link for quanty of 12
Profile picture of Tom

Sure thing! I'll shoot that over right now.

Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.