Balance Help

A home owner from Germantown says:
I have windows that use block and tackle balanced series 850. I have one window where the balance screw that goes into the frame has had a small square anchor piece come out of the frame. Now there is nothing for me to screw the balance into the frame with. I have the square anchor looking piece but I'm not sure glue will hold it in place. Is there a replacement part for this or should I drill a new hole just below the existing opening of the old screw hole? Thank you
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Sounds like you're describing our 26-200 screw plug. Your old one may have simply worn out, if there is no damage to the hole where it installed.
A quick learner from Maryland says:
If I buy a new screw plug does it have some sort of tabs, like a wall anchor of sorts, to hold it in place? Or do I use glue? I've included two pics of my existing screw plug. It doesn't look like there is anything to actually keep it in the window frame hole.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us! The 26-200 should just pop right in and hold in with pressure. No adhesive should be necessary. I assume your old screw plug just wore out over time, which happens.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)