Balance Inquiry

A home owner from Meadville, PA 16335 says:
Greetings!

I live in an 80 year-old house with spiral balances in the windows. They are in bad shape. Some are missing parts or missing altogether. I am sending photos, but I'll bet you have nothing like these in stock, so I'm hoping you can provide all new equipment to install in my sash channels. The sash channels are 5/8 inch square and 29 3/4 inches long. The spiral balance's shaft is 27 3/4 inches long and ca. 3/8 inches in diameter. The bottom retainer is 5/8x5/8x1/2. the Bottom Detail shows how the retainer fits around the shaft and is attached to the channel with a single screw. The Top Detail shows the two attachment tabs. The leftmost one is screwed into the channel before the balance is laid into the channel. It is 3 x 7/16. The smaller one attaches to the channel above the sash. It is 2 1/2 x 5/8.
Let me know if you need any further information!
Many thanks,

George
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SashOverview.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Overview.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BottomRetainer.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BottomDetail.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named TopDetail.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look at our S500 spiral balance and 17-012 bracket. I would also recommend weighing your window sashes to choose the appropriate tip color based on the chart under our product descriptions. Thanks for posting!

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.