Balance Keeper

A quick learner from Conway, AR says:
Needing help with this part. It is a spiral balance keeper or shoe for a 60-70's era aluminum single pane window with a 3/8" spiral balance. The bottom sash has spring loaded pulls on bottom that release from this part and allow the sash to be raised and slide to the side and removed, I assume for cleaning (old school tilt window). I have noticed Product Code: 15-040 looks similar and may could be modified to work but thought you may have another suggestion. Thanks.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I believe the balance shoe you may be looking for is the 15-023. You may also want to consider going with the 75-005 charging tool to make the installation into the pivot shoe easier. It will also help with the charging the spiral. 

How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.