Balance Spring Assemblies for Peachtree G1790 & G1590 Type AE

A home owner from Kingsport, TN 37664 says:

I have 6 double hung Peachtree windows with lower sash G1790 and upper sash G1590, both Type AE. These units were bought in 1990. The Balance assemblies for both top and bottom are 32 3/16" long. Both the lower and upper sashes weigh approximately 19 pounds each.

There are no numbers of any kind on the balance assemblies. These are not fold out sashes. Can you help me with this. I'll be glad to take any other pictures you need.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220716_124607.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220716_103930.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220716_103916.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220716_103226.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220716_103210.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Your balance looks like a good match for our Series 745. I think this may be just what you need, but look it over and let me know if you agree.

If there are no stamps on your old balance, though, then you will need to weigh your sash in order to confirm the proper weight calibration. You can see a detailed weight chart on each Series 745 length page that will tell you exactly how strong each stamp option is.

The description on the S745 information page says they are used in Peachtree-Aries single hung windows. My windows are double hung, does that make a difference?

Both the top and bottom sashes weigh 19 pounds each. Is the 31.25-3 the correct part number to order?

I have 6 double hung windows so I will need 24 Channel Balances.

I will place an order as soon as you can confirm that the 745 series balances will work for Double hung installations, and that the 31.25-3 is correct for 19 pound sashes.
Thank you very much,
Jim Cornelison
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

The Series 745 balance can also be used for double-hung windows, yes.

If your sash weight is 19 pounds then I would also use the 31.25-3 stamp option.

Before you buy anything, though, you may want to upload a couple photos of the other sides of the balance, for both the top and bottom ends. Your current photos only show the back, but seeing the other sides of the channel would allow me to confirm for you.

I have uploaded additional pictures of what I think you are asking for. If these photos are not what you need, please describe again.

Thank you,

Jim 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220726_144926.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220726_144918.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220726_144937.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220726_145000.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Perfect, thank you. With these photos in mind I am more confident than ever that our S745-32 with a 31.25-3 stamp can work for you.

Anything else we should discuss before I place my order? If I order all 24 that I need, and there is a problem, can I return the unused ones for a full refund, or will it be safer to start with eight and install them before ordering the others?

Thank you,

Jim 

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Jim. It's ultimately up to you how many you wanted to buy. You can return them for a refund, though; see our return policy here.

As for anything else we have to discuss, that's also up to you. We're happy to answer any questions you may have.

How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.