Balance assembly Simonton Double hung window

A quick learner from Roswell, GA says:
I submitted some images previously but never heard back. I need to know which part to order. The plastic part that holds the pivot shoe broke but I'm afraid to remove the balance assembly completely because it's the front window of my home. I need make sure I order the correct part to replace. TIA.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210510_125844.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210510_122658.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210510_122652.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210510_122626.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

Take a look at our 15-192 pivot shoe which is used with the Series 170 and Series 171 coil springs. Review our dimensions and compare them to your current pivot shoe and see what you think. 

detail of 15-192
detail of 15-192
Thank you foryour response. Do I need to order the whole balance assembly? or just the pivot shoe? If so, which balance assembly do I need to order? The other half of the broken pivot shoe is still inside the balance assembly and I'm afraid to remove it completely until I have the replacement because it's the front window of my house. I was over zealous and already ordered the 115-116 S part and realized when it arrived that it was too small so I want to make sure I order the correct parts this time:)
Profile picture of Emily

For an assembly, please see our 15-156 spring cover and 15-157 balance drum.

Are there any stamps or markings on your coil springs? If not, you'll need to weigh the sash and divide the weight by the number of coils on both sides of the window to choose the correct weight option.

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Emily, I ordered the 15-192 pivot shoe but the plastic housing will not fit correctly in the track, I can get it with a lot of effort but it won't slide up and down past the opening in the track. The original pivot shoe is smoother plastic and less deep
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210529_114837.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210529_114520.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210529_114253.jpg
I think I need to order the jam spreader, which spreader should I order?
Profile picture of Emily

In the very last picture of your first post, your window has a cut out which means you should be able to take it out without the jamb spreaders. If you really do think you need one, please see our 75-069. Just keep in mind, our jamb spreaders are non-returnable.

I hope that helps! 

It is really difficult to get the balance assembly and pivot shoe back in the cut out. it's a REALLY tight fit and very difficult, when I tried to press the pivot shoe into the cut out, it is so snug and wedged in that it wont even slide up and down. This is the upper window that has the broken shoe so right now I have a stick holding up the window on that side because i don't want to put pressure on the other side of the upper window. I'm not sure the 15-192 pivot shoe will slide up and down, is there another one that might work?
Profile picture of Emily

In this case, we recommend sanding the face of the 15-192 down just a little. Be sure not to sand it too much otherwise it will be too loose. Just keep in mind, once you sand it, the 15-192 cannot be returned for a refund.  

Let us know what you think. 

SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a sliding glass door
How to adjust a sliding glass door
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.