Balance for MW Window

A home owner from Hilton Head, SC says:
I have MW vinyl windows in my house built in 1999. One window the balance broke on both sides (not the one pictured) and the window stays up only because it's locked. The diameter of the plastic sleeve is 3/8". Could you tell me what parts I need? I looked at your step by step identifier and didn't see anything that matched. Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CB622B8C-0524-4479-AE48-017B8ECDCE70.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 605E227F-3AC7-4A0A-8CA4-B52C849AB1A9.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5C5EA914-6151-4ADE-9E5C-65CF2F7922F0.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi there! I definitely think we can help, yes. Looking at your balance, and based on your tube diameter, you have our Series 900. I am confident this will work for you.

Also note that you may not need a balance at all. Spiral balances are convenient in that they can be wound up, like a toy, to regain a little tension. You can use a charging tool like our 75-006 to give your current balances a few turns, maybe 2-3, and see if you feel any tension build. If so, you can give these another couple years of life. Just something to consider. Just make sure not to over charge it or you can risk damaging the spring irreparably. You don't want to give it more than 5 turns.

A home owner from Hilton Head, SC says:
Thank you. Is there a pivot shoe that would work with the Series 900 and my window?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

We have known customers with MW Twinseal windows have used our 15-219 pivot shoe as a replacement. However, you will need to remove your pivot shoe out of the window to compare your measurements with ours to see if it is a match.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.