Balance has 2530 and a c shaped raised shape next to it

A contractor from Hilltown pa says:

I need four of these total. I don't think they are necessarily broken but I at least need one. I thought it made sense to replace the entire front Window unit which is two units the same size mulled together

I sent a picture of the unit unfortunately it isn't super clear because it's dark in there, but I also need some assistance on how to open or remove that window so I can put the balances in. It almost looks as if there are hinges on the left of that window and the right top has a slide bolt that it looks as if the window should almost open in like a casement kind of would. But I'm not sure how to do that. If you have any videos on how to replace those that would be great.

After speaking with someone else, they think it is an old silver line swing window. The home was built in 84 or 85 I believe. Thanks, Marty.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F48C1123-144F-4915-A0A8-B2940FBFFAC0.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your post. You have the discontinued Silverline Swinger window. We pulled up related parts to this window, such as the 16-009 take out clip, the 18-027 top tilt latch and the 15-058 hinge. Please review. Regarding the balances themselves, they are not stock items of ours, but we'd be happy to provide them for you via custom order. Balances for hinge windows are unique because they are not symmetrical, i.e. you won't be using the same balance on each side of the window. I believe you will need the following: 

• One 26" balance with a 19-008 top fitting and 15-025 bottom fitting attached. The balance will be stamped 2530.
  • The balance for the opposite side will also use a 26" metal channel, but it will only have the 19-008 top fitting attached. There will be no shoe. This balance will be stamped 2540, which is also different.

Please confirm these specifications match your old materials. If so, we will send you an email that will have purchase links enclosed to order one of each balance I just described. Finally, see below for directions on how to install this hardware. 

Now, please note I haven't worked on this type of window in over thirty-five years, so please bear with me. There is no video on how to do this, so I will try to walk you through it nonetheless. First, replace the hinges, the 15-058, as well as the 18-027 tilt latch on the sash. Attach the sash with the hinge to the window frame left in the open position. You will need the 16-009 take out clips on both window channels to install the balances before swinging the sash in place. Look at the video "How to replace sash balances" on this page. It works on the same principle. The balance without the shoe is for the hinge side and the balance with the shoe on the opposite side. Once the balances are in place, swing the sash close and carefully pull the sash down to engage the balances to the sash. Hopefully this will work for you.

A contractor from Hilltown pa says:

Thanks for the insight.

I just wasn't sure of exactly how to replace the window. It was already out as the renter said "it just fell in" and broke. ?

The part I have is in good shape. I just need the other one that is different as you said. As well as the hinges or whatever else to put the unit back. Hopefully I can figure it out. I know they have special procedures on how to put them back. Anyway. Hopefully I can do this. ?

Do I just call and order these listed parts over the phone? Please advise. Also. I don't mind replacing the other balance if you have to make them anyway to make it more worth your while. Can you please just compile a straight list of what I need and I will call and order it as you specify. The house is being sold so I could care less as long as it opens and closes for the sale. It really needs new windows anyway. I just want it operational. It's actually my friends rental and I'm helping him with it. Thanks again, Marty

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

My colleague Bob just sent you an email with two custom links enclosed: one to order a 26" balance stamped 2530, with the 19-008 Top and 15-025 bottom attached; and a second for a 26" balance stamped 2540, with just the 19-008 Top attached. In general when one balance fails, the other in the window often isn't far behind, so it's usually in your best interest to replace both. Again, the other items you may need are the 15-058 Hinge, 16-009 Take Out Clip and 18-027 Top Tilt Latch. These items can be placed into your cart separately via our online store. Let me know if you have further questions. 

How to replace a window sash channel balance
How to replace a window sash channel balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.