Balance identification

A home owner from USA says:
Window balance ( Identify)
Pic.#1: piece that attaches to window panel frame. 2 1/4"long, 9/16"wide.
Pic.#2&3: piece on spring end of balance.1 1/4" long, 15/16" wide at tabs.
Pic.#4&5: piece at string end of balance.1 1/16" wide from tab to back,
1 1/16" long from where angled end goes into metal to flat bottom.

metal channel part of balance is 21" long. is marked 20408 psi. The 8 looks like a backwards B.

I cant identify the parts that go on each end. It is a non tilting window. I want to order the whole assembly, and the piece that attaches to the window panel frame.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, thanks for posting. I've narrowed this down to two possible channel balance Series: either our Series 380 or our Series 385 balances.

Now, as you can see, there is only one difference between these two Series, and that is their bottom shoe. The Series 380 uses the 15-005 while the Series 385 uses the 15-004. I can't quite tell what you have based on your pictures, though. Please carefully compare their dimensions to your own hardware and see which is a better match.
15-004 and 15-005
As for the black part, this is what is known as a top sash guide. See our 18-008 and let me know if its dimensions match.
A quick learner from Oregon says:
Thank You! I think the S385-21 are the ones I need, and the 18-008 sash guide measures correct also!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)