Green Tip Option for S900-27?

A home owner from Hampstead, nc says:

I took my current balances off and they are on tilt in Windows. The size of balance is 3/8 width and 27" long. The current color is green but on your site there is only a red and White option. Which do I get?

Also any advice getting out pivot pins that rusted so bad the crumbled and snapped off?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm not sure what balance it is you're looking at. Based on your measurements, you'd want our S900-27, but this has a Red tip option and Yellow tip option. There is no White tip option for this balance.

Although your have a green tip, Red or Yellow may still work. Red tip carries 10 through 22 pounds and Yellow carries 24 through 34. I recommend weighing your sash on a scale to see if it falls in either of these ranges. If it doesn't fall within either, let me know and we can try to find a better match.

I'm not sure what pivot bars you might have. Your old pivot shoe looks similar to our 15-134, which is compatible with our 26-297 pivot bar. That could be what you have but it's just an educated guess. The only way to know with 100% certainty is to use an old one as a reference.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.