Balance pulley catches cord

A handy person from Foley, AL says:
I have in the past ordered a pair of S770 series balance 32" long and the replacement part worked fine. I have a couple more windows that are difficult to lift and close, I am sure the balance needs replacing also. The problem with original balance is the plastic side by side groove pulley splits thus the cord binds up after they split. The house is only six years old is this normal life span for this item? You can't just buy the pulley assembly as a replace item I assume? Thanks
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, we do not sell the components to make a pulley system for any balance. I don't think you'll be able to get them anywhere, to be honest. If yours is broken it's best to just replace the whole balance. The lifespan of a balance system ranges anywhere from five to ten years.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.