Balance replacement for 2740X

A quick learner from Frederick County, MD says:
Hello Fine People,
I have some window Channel Balances stamped 2740X they look like the 390 series but what is the x for?
I have one for a 30 inch window and it is the 2740X I need one for a 17.5 inch of the same type window and don't know the number for it. I also need some top sash guides.
These windows had a rubber stopper to limit the travel of the window, have you ever heard of those, and do you stock them?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I wouldn't worry about the "X." Many different manufacturers make the same kind of balance, and each one puts their own markings on it. The important stamp here is "2740." With that stamp, I would recommend an S390-28 with a 2740 stamp option.

I am not sure about the second balance you need. Is that also a Series 390 channel balance? If you don't know what it is, please take a few pictures of it and upload it here for us to see. Specifically, I'd like to see the top and bottom nylon fittings and the stamp.

We do not carry window stops, unfortunately. Because of the way they work, though, you could get away with just having one per window.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)