Balance replacement in atrium tilt windows

A quick learner from AZ says:
I am trying to identify the correct balance and order the necessary parts to repair a few of my atrium tilt windows.

How do i identify the correct one and then make sure that i order all necessary parts to install including pivot shoes and other parts
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Atrium Window Balance 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Atrium Window Balance 2.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It looks like you have a tilt window spiral balance. That means you only have two options for the balance: either the 9/16" diameter Series 600 or 3/8" diameter Series 900. You have to measure the diameter of your outer tube to confirm which one to go with.

As for the other parts, that depends. Both balances mentioned are compatible with a ton of different pivot shoes and other parts. The only way to know what you need is to carefully examine and measure each one. You have to go by their physical design, and then compare what you have to the replacement parts in our catalog. We list detailed dimensions for each product in our inventory.

If you can't find what you need, then you need to show us a clear picture of each part you want to replace. We need to see an undamaged version out of the window, just like you showed your balance. We will also need detailed dimensions. We have to go through them one at a time.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.