Balance replacements

A contractor from Flagler Beach says:
Hi, I'm replacing a balances for a vinyl single hung Hurd window. It looks as if the 34" 770 channel balances will work but the Hurd window has a small square hole in the top of the jamb with a spreader screw to hold in place. Do you have these or do I need to order a shorter balance and screw into jamb below existing hole.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Marv. This balance appears similar to our S770-34, though with that stamp of 34F it will have to be custom made. Check out this Custom Channel Balance Request Form that I've started for you and fill out the rest of the information. One of our representatives will get back to you shortly thereafter with a price quote.

It also looks like your balance used a screw plug. See our 26-200 for a possible replacement. Alternatively, you can just use a longer screw.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)