Balance shoe

A quick learner from United States says:
Hello,

I've attached pictures of the shoe that attaches to the balances that I need to replace. Thank you!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hmm. I am not quite sure about this balance shoe. May we see one that is not damaged attached to the balance? If you are also able to provide measurements, that would be a big help. Thank you.

I took out a different window and am sending 3 more pictures. Obviously, my earleir pictures were incomplete, though I can't find scraps of the shoe that would make it look like the new pics. Anyway, this balance works in abother window, so I would assume it would work in the broken one.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1204.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1205.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1206.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for the added photos. This complete shoe looks like it's probably our 15-001 Shoe, which has a depth of 1-1/8". Just double-check the dimensions listed to confirm; if the depth is in fact 1", you'd want the 15-002 instead. To be honest though, even if the rest of the balance is undamaged, replacing these shoes can be a bit of a process; it also stands to reason that the balance itself may not be far off from breaking itself. I personally would just go ahead and replace your old channel balances. We can help you do this: just provide us pictures of the top nylon attachment, as well as any stamp code on the metal channel; the length of the channel, not including those attachments, would also be most helpful. Otherwise, see the video below for information on how to replace the balance attachments. 

I had intended to buy 2 new complete balances. We were just trying to fugure out which model. Thanks! By depth, I'm assuming you mean the very bottom of the shoe itself? (left side of all 3 photos) The one pictured DOES measure 1 1/8.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

If you stand your balance straight up, as if it were installed in the window, the depth of the nylon shoe is the distance from heel to toe; basically, the widest point of the balance just beneath and perpendicular to where the metal channel ends. See the picture below. The depth of the 15-001 is 1-1/8", the depth of the 15-002 is 1". 

Comparison of 15-001 & 15-002
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)