How do I Remove these Non-Tilt Spiral Balances?

A handy person from Texas says:

How do I replace the balancers in a window like this? The balancers that I removed were 18" Spiral Balancers with clips. As you can see, I only have 10" to work with from the top of the sash to where the break of the curve starts, and 16" from the top of the sash to the top center point of the window. (Drawing is incorrect on the center height - should only be 16" from the top of the sash, not from the bottom of the window). How do I replace an 18" balancer without bending the crud out of it trying to get it in there? The sash is non-tilt, and I can find no way to remove it. I would welcome your feedback. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Scott

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Scott. We don't think this should be an issue. Check out the video below. Even though it is for channel balances, it is the same principle for your non-tilt spiral balances. Let us know if you have any further questions!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.