Balancer for aluminum window

A home owner from Bradenton, FL says:
Need to replace this balancer. Window from house built in 1999.. Aluminum with mason army flange. Approx 52" x 55".

On side of balancer. U.??? E 24-D-40, then below 22-??-97

Notice the wedge at the end of the string. This attaches to the tilt brake.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0481.JPG
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I noticed the balance you are showing us was made by a company that is no longer in business. We think you should be ok going with our S770-25 balance with the 15-043 terminal clip that locks into the pivot shoe. The spring weight to go with this balance would be 25C for a sash weight of 17-22 pounds. We'd like for you to send an additional photo of the pivot shoe so we can confirm the 15-043 will fit into it. 

A home owner from Bradenton, FL says:
I think I could use the existing terminal clip. Just cut it off the old balance string and use the new string. Do you think that will work?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Sure, but swapping out clips can be a bit of a hassle. You need to be very careful as those strings are under a lot of tension. You'll need a vice to hold the string in place, as well as safety gloves and safety goggles. Plus, in the end, it may not even be necessary. There's a chance the Series 770 will work fine with your shoe as-is.

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.